May 22, 2002

One final word on the Flyers, for the one of you that cares:

I think it's a safe assumption on my part that the Flyers will be back in the playoffs next season. I have faith that coach Cock can get us there and, in keeping with the fine tradition of players not shaving while playing for The Cup, I will not shave my face until the chase for the elusive Cup ends for the Flyers in 2003. If things work out the way I think they will then the Flyers should be in the playoffs just long enough for me to attain a nice five o'clock shadow. --"Palpatine"

Some fans of real teams, like the Kings or Ducks, would be so filled with embarrasment that they would pray that their team take a playoff hiatus for several years rather than be subjected to further first round humiliation. Matt C., on the other hand, welcomes the degradation.
~

No comments: