August 18, 2002

As you might have noticed, I have published less and less over the past two weeks. I am becoming increasingly uncomfortable with the direction my blog is taking, towards becoming little more than a clipping service for liberals, and away from something that actually reflects a sense of who I am. There's nothing wrong with websites acting as "clipping services", mind you; it would be great to see a southpaw version of Instapundit develop, especially for small websites like this one. I will still visit blogs that attempt to perform that role, and will not discourage visitors to this site from so doing. I assume, however, that most of the visitors to this site know how to find the most recent Krugman column in the NY Times without my having to link to it. I don't want to do that for you anymore, and the political sites that I will link to in the future, will, regardless of politics, be of a more analytical bent, like MaxSpeak and Rittenhouse Review, rather than sites that simply link to other bloggers and to newspaper columns that the blogger finds interesting; in other words, less linking, more thinking. And of course, anyone who links to me gets linked back, because I'm a narcissistic whore who's grateful for the attention.

No comments: