October 11, 2002

Tonight my sisters and mom took me out for a belated birthday dinner at Tiramisu in Sherman Oaks, and I didn't feel guilty in the slightest for peeking at the TV over the bar to catch Game 3. Washburn either pitched splendidly, or the Twins suck against lefties, but in any event, the Angels bookended homers by Anderson and Glaus to win 2-1, and now lead the ALCS by the same margin. Rodriguez got the decision, and now has three post-season victories, giving him three victories for his career. The Twins now have a do-or-die game, with Angel nemesis Brad Radke on the hill for Minnesota. Normally, I would be inclined to think that if the Twins don't prevail tomorrow, the series is all but over, but then again, I felt the same way in '86, after Clemons couldn't win Game 4 in the ALCS against Sutton. I'm at Joxer's tomorrow for the duration, with a morning pit-stop at Over-Under to see if the Michigan Sorority Goddess shows up to watch the battle with Penn State, and a possible trip to Venice late night to see the Samurai Homeboys at O'Brien's.

No comments: