March 08, 2003

Since I started blogging last April, I've tried to keep a diversified blogroll, one that reflected a wide spectrum of opinion. Since I'm an unabashed liberal, most of my links are to like-minded sites, but I have always been on the lookout for good conservative bloggers. What I look for in a conservative site is an ability to raise and present an opinion that I may disagree with, but which still forces me to engage that opinion; to wit, a certain civility of tone. I'm not looking for right wing versions of Smythe's World, or blogs that are obsessed with Howell Raines, Bill Clinton, or the patriotism of anti-war demonstrators.

Anyways, one of the best blogs, liberal or conservative, is Volokh Conspiracy, a collaborative site led by the noted law professor, Eugene Volokh. His legal takes are challenging, and often convincing, and would be a conservative I would whole-heartedly support for a Supreme Court nomination. Everyone who blogs might like to copy this passage and live by its philosophy. If you don't visit his site at least once a day, you're wasting time at the office computer.

No comments: