September 02, 2004

Four days of Kerry-bashing, and somehow I watched not a minute of it. Damn, now I'll never know if the eloquence of George W. could have dulled my rancid partisanship enough to give the GOP one more chance to ruin western civilization.

My mother is one of the few people on the planet who was charmed by the Bush Twins, and I will trust her word that they were the only geniunely human characters at the Party Rally; I guess you have to be better attuned to the sorority girl ethos to appreciate them. I also wish I had heard Gauleiter Zell Miller's speech to the faithful last night, since it's what everyone was talking about today (btw, did it occur to anyone that maybe Zell deliberately screwed up his speech to sabotage the Republicans?); like the Philistines, the GOP was slain by the jawbone of an ass. But lets face it, I could hardly rouse myself to view the Democratic Convention, so why would I divert myself from the pennant races and the opening to the college football season to watch something so patently boring.

No comments: