April 21, 2002

A follicly-impaired Flyers fan, who for the purposes of this site shall remain anonymous, writes:

--I have no problem with Sharon Stone Peres, unfortunately the Lakers will win, Stuart Anderson's is great but I prefer George Petrellies, (D*****h) is out of her pretty little head, my personal favorite website is bangedup.com and "Don" is wrong, the Pope is actually Canadian. Don't get any on 'ya Smythie! Go Banana Slugs!--

I don't know enough to have an opinion about George Petrellies, which, for those of you who are not familiar with the Culver City area, is a steakhouse in the tradition of Houston's. And of course, I would rather not see personal attacks here, such as the one on my solipsistic friend, D*****h. However, I would like to clarify Don's remarks to me about the "Greek Pope", and is pending visit to L.A. Last night, Don informed me that the "Greek Pope", far from being an actual leader of a religion (ie. Greek Orthodox), is actually a prediction, based on his readings of the Bible and his interpretations of current events. He believes that "Pope Sextus" will rise to power soon (like, next week maybe) and that those who will take power with him are already plotting to control the Southern California region. As proof, he pointed out to me that the Mormons are building a secret temple out in Riverside made of solid gold, and that they aren't really Christians anyway. Next time, I will have to make inquiries as to how those two suppositions are connected; eg., is the Greek Pope really a Mormon?

Fortunately, I can laugh at such wild conspiratorial tales and theocratic nonsense, since I discovered the wisdom of Dianetics.

No comments: