September 23, 2002

Page 15 of the LA Times Sports Section this morning has a simple ad, set amidst the Kings training camp report and a preview of next weekend's Ryder Cup: Mick Fleetwood Call Randy in Ohio. Just in case the former Fleetwood Mac drummer wasn't keyed in on the Times' coverage of Tiger Woods' victory in the AmEx Championship, and didn't catch the article announcing the return of Adam "Grateful" Deadmarsh to the Kings' lineup, please pass the word along.

Speaking of which, I managed to get an entry into the Joxer Daly's Hockey Pool, even though I didn't get back from my uncle's memorial in Kernville until after the draft ended. My friends put me in a group with a couple of other drafters, and I got to enjoy the best of both worlds: participation in this year's contest without having to draft, and thereby reveal my lack of expertise in the sport. In the past, I've usually just picked the same four or five players, which was fine when Martin Rucinsky, Derek Plante, Ryan Smythe, and Daniel Alfredsson were still in their primes, but has now placed my teams fairly consistently at or near the cellar. But no longer...as this year, my teammates actually knew what they were doing, and have awarded me with a fine selection of worthies.

No comments: